We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. This policy explains how we use the information we collect about you. By submitting your information, you agree to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA ABOUT YOU
We also collect information from third party sources which includes Eventbrite. In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Third-party links outside of our control:
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To keep you informed about campaigns you have supported, upcoming events and news and information about the In Limbo Project. You will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe in every marketing email we send.
- To register you for any In Limbo Project events you signed up to
- To answer your queries when you get in touch with us via the website or direct email. We will then ask you to provide your name and email address. We use this information to reply to your enquiry. We do not pass on your personal information to third-party companies unless it is required to solve your enquiry and will ask your permission before we do so.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on event messaging and bulletins or by sending an “unsubscribe” to info [at] inlimboproject.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of providing your testimonies and/or #InLimboVoices to us
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with external third parties, when you attend meetings and events at certain locations/offices. If we run an event in partnership with another named organization (e.g. a venue) we will also share information to enable it to report to its funders and inform its audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymized and aggregated form.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data.
These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Elena.Remigi[at]inlimboproject.org
9. QUESTION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact Elena Remigi, who is responsible for data protection, as below:
In Limbo Project